Monday, April 13, 2009

Girls and Goats

Spring is finally hitting here in the upper Snake River valley. The grass is finally starting to green up and so I've been busy around the place. Well for those of you who don't know me my name is Brian and I'm an Agripreneur. Today my girls finally got their milk goat, goats actually I couldn't allow them to get a goat when we could get two goats. We ended up with two purebred Alpine Goats that are due to kid here in the next month or so. They arrive here tomorrow so the mornings projects involve getting a pen ready for them. The girls are excited and went to pick them out with me, it was actually the third place we have looked at goats but we couldn't find what we were looking for. The girls went in and we discussed what to look for when evaluating an animal the problem was that I don't know much about goats but we looked at the feet and legs, udders and eyes as well as the general countenance of the animal. If they had been cattle i would have been a lot more comfortable.

One side note is that on the way to the goat encounter i made a contact that will result in some duck, hatching eggs. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment